Senior .NET or Java Developer
Do you love coding but also like talking to people?
We require a highly motivated .NET or Java developer to help us deliver awesomeness to our clients.
Your work will include building solutions for leading ecommerce sites, telcos and payment solutions.
This role involves:
- Really getting to understand the business requirements and what our client's value
- Keeping up to date with web design & development trends and technology
- Technical design/architecture of solutions
- Writing code for Java or C#
- Potentially some dev in PHP
- DevOps – Managing getting your stuff into production
- Communicating with clients around any issues they raise and following through to a successful fix
- Proactively testing our apps to detect issues (e.g. new devices, new OS versions, etc)
- Providing your input on how you think we can better improve our processes and the products we create
When applying please provide:
- Your C.V.
- Link to Github, Stackoverflow, personal website, online portfolio, app store or otherwise highlight your work and love of development
- 3 previous projects of yours either commercial or personal along with your role
We need to see your code, so if you can't provide the items above it may hurt your application. Be proud, show us what you've done.
Successful candidates will:
- Have a tertiary qualification in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field (or can otherwise prove that they would be great at the job)
- Enjoy the product development process and being involved from the beginning
- Good understanding of test driven development
- Very strong software development skills in Java or C# or both
- Have experience in Java based technology such as JBoss or Spring or ASP.NET/MVC
- See performance & reliability as a core requirement of software they develop
- Ideally have a skill that's a bit different extending our capabilities; e.g. banking experience, game development, writing software for Mars rovers or anything else a bit out there
- Display excellent technical skills but have the ability to also think like a human
- Display a high level of written and verbal communication skills
- Have good critical thinking skills and an exceptional eye for detail
- Be a team player (need it be said)
- Enjoy communicating with clients and end users
If this sounds like you please send us an email at email@example.com.
Our customers are based in New Zealand, Australia and the USA so while this role is predominantly based in Auckland, domestic and overseas travel may be required. This position provides an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to prove themselves in our growing global business.